PADI® Open Water Diver
Time: 09:00 departure
Duration: 3 days
Dive sites: determined on the dive day
WHAT TO EXPECT
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
1) Knowledge development: your dive center will provide you with all the material to start learning. It covers everything you need to know about basic techniques, terminology and safety procedures in scuba diving. For each concept, you read the explanations and watch the demonstration on a video. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
2) Confined water dives: these are training sessions conducted in a pool or water with pool-like conditions. You’ll learn and practice the basic skills of diving as well as techniques to keep you safe and you’ll run though how to deal with a range of emergency situations should they occur. The sessions in the swimming pool are a lot of fun and give the opportunity to get familiar with the gear and techniques in a safe environment.
3) Open water dives: This is what it’s all about – making your first dives in the ocean! During the four open water dives, you will perform various dive skills both under water and at the surface to make sure that you are a competent and safe diver. The training portion usually only takes up the first part of the dive, meaning that you will get to spend a big part of your time diving with your instructor and exploring the underwater world.
As soon as your open water training dives are approved by your instructor you will be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver! This means you will be allowed to rent diving equipment and dive anywhere in the world down to 18 meters, lifelong!
- Knowledgeable dive guide
- 2 dives
- Max. of 8 divers per trip
- Free pickup & transfer
- Surface interval refreshments
- Weights/Weight Belt/Tank(s)
- Scuba equipment rental (full set)
- National Park Fees/Marine Park Fees
- Flashlight (torch)
- Dive computer
- Minimum age: 12+
- Min. certification: Open Water Certification required
Dive center: Sea Breeze Dive Club
Sea Breeze Dive Club is a state of the art 5* PADI Dive Resort, based on the Red Sea in Aqaba.
The team have been sharing the wonders of Aqaba’s marine park with divers and snorkelers since 2015 and offer shore, boat and night diving in small groups.
The Sea Breeze Dive Club has multiple renovated dive boats, all with two levels. On the bottom deck you’ll find purpose-built diving racks, storage for equipment, a toilet, dive deck and small kitchen where an extensive lunch is prepared for full diving days. Up on the top deck there is a u-shaped, padded seating area with a table – the perfect location for dive briefings, post-dive chatting and incredible views of the coastline.
Dive with one of Aqaba’s only two female diving instructors and get to know a strong, inspirational woman as you glide over colorful soft corals. The marine park in Aqaba not only offers shallow coral reefs teeming with small fish and macro life, but also a sunken plane, tank and 70 m wreck – all sitting less than 30 m below, ideal for those looking for a new and unique experience.
All equipment at Sea Breeze Dive Club is new Aqua Lung gear – including 5 mm wetsuits for when the ocean can bit slightly colder (around 23°c). For warmer seas, visit between June and November when ocean temperatures are warm enough to easily dive with nothing but a rash vest and your swim trunks if desired.
Due to the unique nature of Jordan’s slice of the Red Sea, dive boats usually depart around 9 am, meeting at around 8:30 for your pick up. Visibility is fantastic year-round and marine life is present throughout the day. So, no need to get up at the crack of dawn, you can easily fit in three dives and a leisurely lunch and still be back at the hotel for a sun downer by the pool.
PADI 5 Star Center
3 PADI Instructors
Max. 6.0 divers / guide
Nitrox (for a fee)
- Jordan, Al-Hammamat Al-tunisieh, ST Aqua Marine & Sea Breeze, Aqaba, 77110
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
How to get there:
- You can picked up from all Aqaba’s hotel, just wait for our driver at the hotel lobby.
- Please indicate your hotel name and address on the checkout page
- The dive center will reconfirm your pick up time and location at the latest one day in advance
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 24 hours prior to the activity